Sunday, August 31, 2008

Monkeying around for breakfast

I love monkey bread. It is gooey and cinnamony and fun to eat. It is perfect to make for guests and always a crowd pleaser. I love that I've found a super easy recipe for it that turns out delicious in just over 30 minutes.

Monkey Bread

3 cans butter biscuits (I used the kind that came 10 to a tube)
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a Bundt pan. Melt butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Rip the biscuits into little pieces in a medium sized bowl. Pour the sauce over the biscuit pieces and quickly toss to coat all the biscuit pieces with sauce (I find two spoons work well for this). Pour the coated biscuit pieces into the Bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Source: Adapted from a recipe found in the NC Recipes Bio

No comments: