Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rocky Road Bread

I found this recipe on one of the blogs that I follow and thought it sounded interesting, so we gave it a try. I thought it was fairly tasty and my husband thought it was just OK. It is something that needs to be eaten fairly quickly...after a couple of days it wasn't as moist. If you like rocky road, you might just like this.

Rocky Road Bread

2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter or margarine
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/4 cup toasted almonds (I used pecans instead, as that was what I had on hand)
¾ cup milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup chocolate chips, lightly dusted with flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease well a 9x5x3” loaf pan. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in mini marshmallows and toasted almonds; mix well. Combine milk and beaten egg; pour into flour mixture and stir just to moisten. Fold in chocolate chips. Turn into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes and turn out onto wire rack to cool.


No comments: